Turkey drugs
Do you know what's really in your food? What is actually fed to the animals before they are slaughtered? Unfortunately a lot of the truth can tend to be harder to find than we'd actually like it to be, between big Pharma and closely held corporate secrets it can be a nightmare to find the information and downright horrifying when the information itself is actually found. The above is a good case in point, with a nod to Badkitty for originally posting the link in her blog, I present for your reading pleasure, what actually has been fed to your Thanksgiving turkey, along with pigs, chickens, and cattle. Oh and for your vegans who figure on being safe, it's in the manure and the University of Minnesota has found that means it's also in your veggies. I mean, c'mon, when even China has banned a drug...
Why isn't there a bigger outcry? Well for one, like I said, the information can be hard to find and is not going to be publicized by mainstream media, who has way too much of a financial stake in big Pharma [and the millions of advertising dollars spent by it] to spread information that could be seen as even remotely harmful to them. For two, people are already upset enough as is with how much they perceive spending at the market, imagine the outcry come Thanksgiving when the usual $0.79 a lb turkey now costs closer to $2.79 a lb? There is a reason why the proverb "Money is the root of all evil" has persisted for many years now.
It's finding articles like this one, and learning more about what these companies have done in the name of profit and share holder dividends that harden my desire to get off the grid. I will admit, over the holidays I was visiting family, and it reminded me that I did miss them, as most of my family lives a couple hundred miles away, and I was contemplating putting off purchases of chickens and other livestock just because I didn't feel quite ready to deal with what one has to give up when taking on the responsibility of livestock. This article reminded me that truly, it's not so much a lifestyle choice, as it is a survival choice to take control of my food supply and out the hands of number crunchers only interested in seeing their stock portfolios fatten and buying the latest BMW.
No comments:
Post a Comment