Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Trying to get back on track

Wow it's been a busy past few months so I haven't posted, have meant to, but haven't posted. Also, I realized I just didn't feel right posting until I was doing more that would be worthwhile posting about. More on that later, this post will be mostly just a catchup to life and a brief explanation as to why so long between posts. Don't worry, this blog will get back on track by the next post, which granted I can figure out how to do it, should hopefully contain photos.
So first, I've completed work at a junior college I was at and received an Associates in Business Admin, yay! Yeah, it's a BAU type degree, but I figure no matter what economics and accounting are always necessary, even in a post-collapse world so it's not entirely without merit. Added bonus that I got to take quite a few fun courses, learn a lot about the world, and learn some more about how the geology and oceans of this planet function. All useful things to know. Current plans are to change over to an agricultural major in the coming year.
The plan all along was to move to the mountains, away from the shoreline, and settle down there. I had resided in the Tidewater area of Virginia for over five and a half years and it was long overdue that I left there. Not that I don't enjoy the beach, and not that the area doesn't have anything of interest to me, but it's just too darned crowded out there, and the mountains are better suited for my hobbies. With that in mind we had reserved an apartment out where we are now, on the western side of VA, and with almost two months in between our old lease and the new apartment, stored our belongings away and headed up to spend time with my folks. Thankfully it worked out that way, as in late June my father passed away suddenly of a heart event [full report not yet done] and I was needed to put his estate in order. The focus of the blog doesn't cover this, so I won't go into detail, but do bear with me if I reminisce later down the line. He and I were very close, he is the one who taught me to cook, as well as to enjoy the outdoors. Dad, you'll be missed! 1954-2011.
In mid-July we moved into our apartment, now a bit more crowded than we had initially expected and are slowly getting into the lifestyle that we've always wanted. Last week we canned 4 pints of tomato sauce, and today the kitchen is in full order as the area really begins to bring in the harvests. More on that the next post, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment